The Monroe College Early Start Program is an opportunity for motivated high school students to earn six college credits in August before the start of the fall semester. Incoming freshman are able to take two classes during three intensive weeks of study while still taking part in all of the freshman activities that take place at the end of August.
In addition to earning six credits prior to the start of the semester, the Early Start Program offers several advantages. Other benefits include:
- A savings of over $1,500. Early Start classes are offered at over 50% of the usual tuition, and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- The ability to meet other incoming freshman and establish strong ties with classmates before the fall semester begins.
- Classes that are taught by experienced Monroe College faculty and are applied towards the completion of your major.
- Eligibility for the Early Incentive Grant, which provides an additional grant each semester of your associate program.
- The opportunity to participate in an intensive writing academy to improve your writing skills.
Classes for the Early Start Program begin on August 11, 2014 and end on August 29, 2014. During that time, students will attend classes Monday through Friday for five hours per day.
Students interested in participating in the Early Start Program this August must complete their financial aid by June 30th, 2014.