Monroe College is delighted to announce The Bernhard and Myrtle Rosenthal Scholarship. Established by Thomas Rosenthal in June, 2005 in memory of his parents, Bernhard and Myrtle Rosenthal, the Rosenthal Scholarship is designed to support deserving students by financing their education and to encourage philanthropy among Monroe Alumni by providing an avenue for giving to the college.
“The Rosenthal family has recognized the extraordinary potential of Monroe students,” said Associate Academic Dean KarenAnne Carty “With this incredible opportunity, they are also encouraging Monroe alums to give back to students who can pave their own yellow brick roads of success.” Currently eleven Monroe students have received the scholarship and applications are being accepted for consideration in the fall.
Eligible students must:
• Have demonstrated financial need to cover any combination of educational expenses including tuition, books, fees, housing, or meal plan.
• Be continuing students at Monroe with at least two semesters of full-time study completed.
• Have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50.
• Have been actively involved in the College community through clubs, events, athletics, or volunteer activities.
• Have demonstrated a positive attitude about the College and constructive relationships with faculty, administrators, staff and other students.