What is the Monroe College Honors Program?
Established in 2004, the Monroe College Honors Program provides our most academically accomplished students the opportunity to engage in advance coursework, participate in experiential learning activities, serve the local community through volunteer work, and become part of a special community at Monroe College.
What will happen if I join the Honors Program?
You will be exposed to a variety of opportunities that aren’t afforded to every student at Monroe College, including opportunities to:
· take advanced classes in both general education and your major
· go on field trips (how does seeing a Broadway show, sound?)
· participate in regional and national conferences to showcase the Honors Program (for instance, you could travel to New Orleans or Philadelphia)
· engage in community service activities
· network and meet people from all walks of life
The Monroe College Honors Program is a community. It’s not just about doing more in your classes, it’s about being a part of a community with people who share your passion and drive for learning.
How do I join?
There is an application process, so to get that started, please contact Kathryn M. MacDonald, Chair of the Monroe College Honors Program at email@example.com or (914) 740-6452.