1. Attend a Nursing Information Session.
2. Register and take the TEAS exam.
3. Make an appointment and meet with an Admissions Counselor.
4. Submit the following FIVE admissions items:
A. Online Application (go to www.monroecollege.edu and hit “apply”) including: Essay (350 – 500 words) and $35.00 Application fee
B. High School Diploma or GED
C. All High School and College Transcripts
D. Proof that you have completed prerequisite courses with a letter grade of “C” or better in:
Biology/ Living Environment
E. Two letters of Professional Recommendation from an employer, academic institution, volunteer or religious organization.
5. Take the Monroe College Math and English Placement Exams.Students with foreign high school diplomas must also take the COMPASS exam.
6. Interview with the Nursing Department
(After this step, you will be notified if you have been accepted into the program
7. Complete Financial Aid.
8. Complete a background check.
9. Complate a physical examination.
10. Register for classes.
Additional Minimum Nursing Admissions Requirements
- RN License
- Associated Degree or Diploma in Nursing with GPA 2.5 or higher
- 2 years full time work experience