- Accounting, Business, Health, Hospitality, Culinary, Information Technology majors are required to work a minimum of fifteen hours per week, for a total of 160 hours during their internship semester.
Internships in Six Easy Steps (except CJ)
- Criminal Justice majors are required to work 100 hours during their internship semester in a CJ-related position. The position can be in an industry directly represented in their course of study or a specific job or responsibility in their field.
CJ Internships in Six Easy Steps
- A Faculty Advisor is assigned according major. Your Faculty Advisor will give you the syllabus for the internship course.
- You must have at least 30 credits in the Associate program in order to register for an internship.
- You must have at least 30 credits in the Bachelor's program to register.
- You must attend a mandatory internship information session held by your School and the OCA the semester prior to the semester that you will enter the internship program.
- It is highly recommended that you meet with the Office of Career Advancement (OCA) as soon as possible to get assistance with your internship placement and create a marketable resume.
- Upload an OCA approved resume onto e-recruiting.
- Search e-Recruiting for internship opportunities and apply to internship positions. The process of securing an internship placement takes time, so be patient!" For example, give yourself at least a month to search and obtain the best placement for you.
- Set up an appointment the OCA with for a mock interview (optional).
- Students majoring in Hospitality, Culinary, Baking and Pastry Arts, Criminal Justice and Information Technology MUST complete at least 3 credits in an internship prior to graduation. It is highly recommended for all other majors if a student does not have work related experience.
- All students must attend a mandatory Internship Informational Session prior to the semester of internship.
- All students must come into the OCA for placement before registering an internship (please note, students will not be permitted to register for an internship during registration without having an Employer Agreement Form from the OCA).