Step 3: Admissions Interview
A meeting is required between every prospective student and a Monroe admissions counselor. Students who live out of the N.Y.C. area may conduct their interview over the telephone. The admissions interview covers the following areas:
- A discussion of your educational goals, career goals and outside interests
- An introduction to the financial aid process and the affordability of Monroe
- An overview of each of the majors and their career opportunities
- An introduction to residential life housing for New Rochelle students only
Please call campus of your choice to schedule an interview.
Step 4: Financial Aid
Most of our students receive some form of financial assistance from merit based scholarships to government grants and loans.
Prospective students to Monroe College can qualify for New York State TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) and the Federal PELL grant. Monroe's Federal Financial Aid School Code is 004799. Monroe TAP code is 7518. Please view our Financial Aid section to learn more about tuition and financial aid benefits at Monroe College.
During your interview, a Monroe admissions counselor will guide you through the financial aid process. The list below will give you an idea of most of the documents required by the college to calculate your financial aid:
Required Personal Documents:
- Documentation of Birth Date: (Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, Passport are all acceptable)
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Documents (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) * If not available, students may receive this at Monroe College before registration.
- Alien Registration Card or Green Card (For legal non residents)
Proof of Income Documents:
(One or more may be required)
- SIGNED Federal and State Returns for previous year and W-2
- W-2 Statement & SIGNED Affidavit of Income (If tax forms were not filed)
- Final Pay Stubs & SIGNED Affidavit of Income (If tax forms were not filed)
- Proof of Unemployment Insurance (Form 1099-G)
- Current P.A. (Public Assistance) Budget Printout and Medicaid Cards
- SIGNED Affirmation of Non-Taxable Income
- SSA or SSI Award Letters for previous and current years
- Statement of Financial Support