As a college student, graduate, faculty, or staff member, you understand the importance of TAP when it comes to paying for college. For many students it makes the difference between being able to afford college or not going to college at all. Unfortunately, this year's proposed NY State Budget does not include proposals that would strengthen the TAP program to help make college more affordable.
You can help more students achieve the dream of a college education by letting our elected officials know how important the TAP program is.
Help TAP THE FUTURE
You can do this by sending an email to your legislators in Albany and asking them to strengthen the TAP program so it will:
- Make TAP available to all students, full and part-time.
- Make TAP Available to fiscally needy students who are self-supporting
- Increase the maximum TAP award
There is strength in numbers, and now is the time to show our power. Starting today, please take two minutes of your time each day and follow these easy steps:
- 1) Log onto the APC Colleges website at www.apc-colleges.org/legislative.htm
- 2) Click on the "TAP the Power" icon on the right
- 3) Fill in your name, address and name of college
- 4) Click the SUBMIT button
After completing these steps, you will see a list of the officials to whom your e-mail has been sent.
Again, this should be done each day. The more Monroe students, graduates, staff, and faculty who participate in the effort to make college education affordable and accessible, the more likely it is that the dream will come true!
TAP THE POWER, TAP THE FUTURE!