|Once all the documents in Step 2 have been received and approved by the appropriate college official, your Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status (Form I20AB) will be issued.|
Although Monroe College is authorized to issue the Form I-20 AB, you must understand that you will be given a visa only if the consular officer believes that you are a student with a practical and reasonable educational plan and a strong inclination to return to your country of origin. Please prepare for your interview by following the outlined recommendations that appear below: It is recommended that you contact the U.S. Embassy in your country of origin prior to your visa interview.
1. CURRENT EMPLOYMENT: Obtain a letter indicating that you are currently employed and will be granted a leave of absence to pursue your education.
- Interview Etiquette- Arrive for your interview dressed in business attire and well groomed. Speak clearly and establish eye contact. No eating or gum chewing.
- Documentation- All documents should be neatly prepared, properly executed (typed if possible), and organized in an orderly manner. Be sure to document any of the following situations which apply to you:
2. POTENTIAL EMPLOYMENT: Obtain a letter indicating the promise of a job or the strong potential to receive a job based on the degree which you will earn abroad.
3. PROPERTY OWNERSHIP: Provide a copy of a deed or other paperwork that documents your property ownership in your country.