ELLI is the Monroe College English Language Learning Institute. It provides students whose primary language is not English with the reading, writing and verbal skill necessary for success in United States colleges and universities. Students will become fluent in English through language instruction, cultural immersion, intensive lab experiences, and courses in U.S. culture and the arts through drama, music, film, dance, and graphic arts.
Why ELLI At Monroe?
- High quality innovative curriculum
- 24 hours of classroom instruction each week for 12 weeks
- Affordable tuition
- Proximity to New York City
- Supportive caring faculty
- Multicultural student body
- Options to participate in exciting recreational sports teams and academies
- Assistance with the college application process
What will I study?
ELLI offers two levels of instruction. Each student’s level of English proficiency will determine the required level of instruction. Level I requires enrollment in two sessions while Level II requires enrollment in one session. The innovative and intensive English Language Learning Institute combines fundamental and core elements of language acquisition with an engaging, creative social and extra-curricular experience.