Course is given at the Queens Extension Site
This part-time ELLI (English Language Learning Institute) ESL (English as a Second Language) program is designed to meet the needs of non-native English speakers who wish to improve their English language proficiency for business purposes both professionally and socially. The goal of this program is to help students expand their oral and written communication as well as their professional and social etiquette. These courses will emphasize the language and skills they need for success in America’s business environment. Students have the option to choose one or both courses.
EL 111—ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS
Monday/Wednesday, 9:30 am–11:30 am or 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
This ESL course focuses on the four links to fluency:
universal topics, dynamic vocabulary, essential grammar, and confident communication for the business professional.
Topics covered include:
• Global Topics: students improve their English skills by discussing global business trends
• Dynamic Vocabulary: students acquire and expand vocabulary through word families and useful expressions
• Essential Grammar: Instructors teach grammar through innovative techniques focused on the needs of each student
• Confident Communication: frequent and fun exercises will build your confidence utilizing newly acquired anguage skills
EL 112—ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS & SOCIAL ETIQUETTE
Tuesday/Thursday, 9:30 am–11:30 am or 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
This course will provide an understanding of the difference between business etiquette and social etiquette. We will review real world scenarios where a strengthening of these skills will improve your professional and social communication.
The course will cover topics such as:
• Negotiations and Networking
• Dining over Business/Professional Functions
• Digital Etiquette
• Phone Etiquette
For more information about the ESL Program, please contact the Monroe College Queens Extension site directly or visit our website:
Phone: (914) 740- 6614 • Email:email@example.com
Monroe College, Queens Extension Site Campus
135-15 Roosevelt Avenue, queens, NY 11354