How to Apply
Admission to the King Graduate School is competitive.
Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree or its international
equivalent from an accredited undergraduate school and should
have a demonstrated record of academic success. Depending on
your undergraduate degree program and your program of interest,
students may need to take foundational courses simultaneously
with their Master’s course work. Applicants should also have at
least three years of professional experience in a related field.
There are three steps to the admissions process.
1. Complete and submit your application online.
2. Submit your credentials including:
• All undergraduate transcripts
• Current resume
• Two letters of recommendation PDF
• An essay of 500 words or more describing why you are pursuing a graduate degree
3. Pay your $50 Application fee (Online payment)
Once your admissions package is complete, an interview is required
between every prospective student and the Dean of the Graduate School.
Interviews are conducted on campus. Students who live out of the
N.Y.C. area may conduct their interview over the telephone or via Skype.
The admissions interview covers the following areas:
• A discussion of your educational goals, career goals and outside interests
• An overview of the Graduate Program and course requirements
• An introduction to the financial aid process and the affordability of Monroe
The King Graduate School accepts applications for Fall Semester
(September), Spring semester (April) and Winter Semester (January).
Applicants may apply up until the semester begins but must complete
application requirements, including registration, before classes begin.