Monroe Online uses the ANGEL course management system. Online students are strongly suggested to have access to a reliable computer and a high speed Internet Service Provider such as MSN, AOL, Roadrunner or Optimum to access their online courses and college email. The ANGEL course management software is very intuitive for most users.
Computer and System Requirements
- While ANGEL generally functions well in many browsers, the following are formally supported and tested:
- PCs running Windows OS: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome
- Macs running OS X: Safari or Mozilla Firefox
- Windows XP or higher, 2 GH Pentium Processor, 80 GB free on your hard disk, and a minimum of 2 GB of RAM
- Students are required to possess a webcam and headset in order to communicate with faculty and fellow classmates.
- Students who register in online courses will utilize Microsoft Office 2010 which includes Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint to complete their assignments and to view their professor’s weekly lecture notes and other learning materials. A copy of Microsoft Office may be purchased from Monroe College. You can make this purchase once you are a registered student through MyMonroe by Logging in with your Monroe credentials and selecting eAcademy Webstore from the Single Sign-On screen.
- Students may be asked to also download additional applications for multimedia (Java) and PDF files.
If you are having technical difficulties, the Monroe College Help Desk is available to assist you. Please e-mail the help desk at:
email@example.com or call 888-602-2682 during office hours.