Computer Information Systems
Your goal is to work in the ever-changing world of computer information systems, and Monroe is going to get you there with a curriculum emphasizing technical and business skills, industry experience, and certifications. IT professionals can be found in virtually all industries, including health, insurance, fashion, music, finance, hospitality, and nonprofit organizations.
- Study online, on campus, or a combination of both
- Learn from IT professionals
- Enjoy flexible scheduling
- Gain experience and industry-ready skills
- Achieve industry-recognized certifications
Most IT professionals are actually employed in non-tech companies. Our curriculum prepares you for a job in any industry by giving you a solid understanding of computer hardware and software, Cisco networking basics, database management, web design, and system design and analysis. Courses include wireless technology, security, and advanced programming.
I was able to get several career certifications, and now I’m qualified for a variety of jobs.
BS Computer Networks and Cybersecurity, 2019
Learn system software and the configuration of a microcomputer. Build analytical and problem-solving skills through hands-on lab exercises. Upon successful completion of this course, you'll have the requisite knowledge and skills to take the A+ Operating System Technologies Exam.
Give your career the extra edge with outside-the-classroom opportunities to learn and network with fellow students and industry professionals.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) - An international professional organization with headquarters in New York
- Monroe’s Information Technology Student Association (ITSA) - A club that meets weekly and hosts speakers, visits computer shows and other events, organizes tech challenges, and offers volunteer services to local businesses.
Your Future Career in Computer Information Systems
A degree in Computer Information Systems opens the door to a number of career opportunities in companies large and small. Some examples:
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Certified Computer Technician
- Systems Analyst
- Application Developer
- Web Designer
|Fall (Sept - Dec)||August 31|
|Winter (January - April)||December 31|
|Spring (April - August)||April 1|