BS Program (RN to BS)
- Nurses with an Associate degree or who graduated from a diploma-granting program can earn a BS in Nursing in just 11 months!
- Program is offered primarily in online and hybrid formats and requires you to attend classes on campus one day weekly
- ACEN accredited
- Career-focused skills and clinical opportunities
- Online learning allows you to fit classes around your work schedule
Monroe's nursing program holds membership in the following professional organizations:
- National League for Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- New York Council of Deans & Directors of Nursing
- Council for Associate Degree Nursing in New York State
- Council of Practical Nurse Programs of New York State
- A copy of your active RN license
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher in your high school or associate degree classes
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, academic institutions, or community organizations
- Proof of a recent background check
- An application, personal statement, and a $35 application fee
The nursing program at Monroe is a challenging mix of courses in anatomy, chemistry, pharmacology, and healthcare. You’ll take several liberal arts courses, too. Your professors will be with you every step of the way – their goal is to see you succeed!
Instead of weeding out the weak, Monroe is structured to make sure you succeed.
Kathleen Aguiar Alejandro
BS Nursing, 2018
AS Nursing, 2017
US Air Force Nurse Corps
Founder of Monroe's Nursing Club
Culturally Competent Care in Community Health & the Role of the Professional Nurse
Assess the physical environment and resources available in a clinical setting and provide appropriate interventions. Share lessons learned with your professor and classmates.
Practice handling difficult patient care situations in Monroe's Simulation Laboratory. Then, gain real life experiences in a variety of acute and chronic care settings in New York City ... or in Pennsylvania or Haiti.
Your Future Career
Besides traditional nursing, jobs include:
- Nurse Manager
- Health Educator
- Case Manager
- Quality Coordinator.
Professor, School of Nursing
Associate Dean, School of Nursing
|Fall (Sept -Dec)||August 31|
|Winter (January - April)||December 31|
|Spring (April - August)||April 1|