Apply as a High School Student
Welcome to Monroe! Applying to college can be overwhelming, but don't worry, take a deep breath- we are here to help! Below you can find all the information you need to complete your admission process correctly and on time. We look forward to supporting you every step of the way.
Earn 51 Credits your First Year!
Our August 8 start date and three-semester academic calendar offers you a big advantage! You can earn your Bachelor's degree sooner than most people earn an Associate degree elsewhere.
At the end of your first academic year at Monroe, you'll have earned 51 credits (most students at other college only earn 30 credits).
- August semester: 6 credits
- Fall semester (September): 15 credits
- Winter semester (January): 15 credits
- Spring semester (April): 15 credits
This 51 credit opportunity is available to all first year students who choose to pursue it.
- Application. You must submit your application online. You'll first create a Monroe ID in your application portal and share key information like your areas of interest.
- Essay. The essay is your time to shine and communicate your story in your own words.
- Application Fee. You will be able to submit the $35 application fee online here.
- Transcript. You can upload or send your unofficial transcript by email to email@example.com.
- SAT/ACT Optional. Monroe is test optional; however, if you choose, you can submit your SAT or ACT scores to enhance your application. Not submitting test scores will not affect your chances for acceptance.
- Schedule your interview. By phone, zoom or face time, we want to connect with you, meet the person behind the application, and hear your dreams and career goals.
Monroe’s JumpStart Program
Jumpstart affords ambitious high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take a college-level course on our campus at no cost – not even for the textbooks. The classes are taught by the same exceptional faculty members who teach these classes to Monroe students during the week.
Hear Stories from Our Students
We have created a site exclusively for accepted high school seniors. Hear our student stories and find out more on how we support you on your transition from high school to college. It is an exciting time and we can't wait to start this journey with you!
When to Apply
|Early Action||December 17|
|Early Action II||February 18|
|Regular Admission||April 15|
|Rolling Admission||May 15 – September 10|
Application deadlines at Monroe are non-binding. The deadlines provide applicant benefits such as invitations to accepted student events, priority to select scholarships and financial awards, plus security of a college decision early in your senior year of high school.
Visit Monroe Virtually
Like colleges around the country, we’re heeding the call for social distancing to keep everyone healthy and safe. We have moved all our admissions events to online virtual platforms and we have met terrific students this way! You can sign up for a webinar that is customized with your interests in mind. Look forward to meeting you soon!