While based in New York, Monroe is truly global.
Nearly 1,000 students come to study each year on our campuses in New York and St. Lucia, with many more taking advantage of the opportunity that Monroe Online affords to earn their degree from within their home country. It’s no wonder that our graduating class typically represents more than 80 countries!
Additionally, our international partnership programs now bring professional development training programs and academic “micro-campus” experiences to countless students in the Caribbean and across the ocean.
Certificate-Based Professional Training Programs
Monroe’s faculty are recognized for the depth of their professional field experience, which brings our “real world” curriculum to life for students. It also gives us a unique opportunity to develop highly specialized, tailored workforce development programs for government-sponsored training academies eager to enhance the skills and knowledge of their workforce.
Through our School of Criminal and Social Justice, we offer tailored programming to help uniformed police agencies keep pace with evolving best practices and technologies in the fields of community law enforcement and police science. A total of 120 hours of law enforcement training is delivered through this program over the course of the three sessions throughout the year. Our faculty deliver this training on site at the sponsor’s location. Course content is aligned with the experience levels and seniority of those attending. Learn More
We also offer a range of hospitality and culinary arts certificate training programs through our School of Hospitality Management and award-winning Culinary Institute of New York (CINY). Programming is designed to help residents of countries with strong travel and tourism economies prepare for entry-level positions at hotels, resorts, restaurants, and on cruise ships. Certificate programs are offered in five high-demand hospitality roles: Event Planning and Logistics, Front Office / Guest Services, Food & Beverage Service, Housekeeping, or Bartending. Additional training on professionalism, customer service, communication skills, teamwork, accountability, and leadership are incorporated into each track. We first began offering this program in 2018 with the government of St. Lucia and have trained several hundred students to date through the 15-week on-site program.
Academic Collaboration Agreements
Coming to New York or St. Lucia to study is not feasible for all international students eager for a Monroe education, and studying wholly online with us is not for all students. Thanks to our new academic collaboration program, we can now bring the Monroe experience to them.
Today, there are students in India and Madagascar pursuing a Monroe education through their primary higher ed institution. Talented students in Senegal, Pakistan and elsewhere will soon have that same opportunity. When they complete their degree requirements, their diploma and transcripts will proudly show them as a Monroe grad.
Through academic collaboration program, we partner with other colleges to provide joint study programs that leverage Monroe’s curriculum, course content, and learning management system. While we retain academic oversight, local faculty can be certified to lead the courses or Monroe’s faculty can do so virtually or even in a hybrid manner. It’s a wonderful way to help students seeking a U.S. education earn one without needing a passport or student visa.
Active International Educational Enrollment Partnerships
- IILM University and Monroe College, India
- Tianjin University and Monroe College, China
- Anhui International Institution of Business and Monroe College, China
- KIMEP University and Monroe College, Kazakhstan
- Universal College Islamabad and Monroe College (UCI), Pakistan
- Assumption College, Philippines
- Telkom University Indonesia
- SEED Academy and Monroe College, Senegal
- Blue Crest College and Monroe College, Ghana
- AUI University and Monroe College, Morocco
- Capstone Academy and Monroe College, Morocco
- International University of Rabat, Morocco
- Evergreen College, Toronto
- NIPA and Monroe College, Sint Maarten
- University of Sint Maarten and Monroe College, Sint Maarten
- Moneague College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- SEED Academy and Monroe College, Senegal
- Antigua State College and Monroe College, Antigua
- ABHTI College and Monroe College, Antigua
- Sir Arthur Lewis Community College and Monroe College, St. Lucia
- Educational Ministry Jamaica and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Educational Ministry Antigua and Monroe College, Antigua
- Educational Ministry Bahamas and Monroe College, Bahamas
- Educational Ministry Dominica and Monroe College, Dominica
- Educational Ministry St. Kitts and Monroe College, St. Kitts
- Council of Community Colleges and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Dominica State College and Monroe College, Dominica
- Antigua and Barbuda International Institute of technology (ABIIT) and Monroe College, Antigua
- Montego Bay Community College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Bethlehem Moravian College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Excelsior Community College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Portmore Community College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- Knox Community College and Monroe College, Jamaica
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College and Monroe College, St. Vincent
- Clarence Fitzroy Bryant Community College-St. Kitts and Monroe College, St. Kitts
J-1 Student Exchange
The Exchange Visitor Program is designed to bring international students and scholars to the United States for a variety of educational and cultural exchange purposes using the J-1 exchange visa. The purpose of the J-1 visa is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the U.S. and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges. Monroe College has a vibrant J-1 visa program providing an opportunity for international students to study affordably in the New York City region at our New Rochelle or Bronx campus and experience its rich cultural diversity.
International 2nd Master’s Degree
The King Graduate School at Monroe College has been a premium choice for local and international students seeking to grow and refine their professional skills with a second master’s degree. Earning a second master’s also demonstrates a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, making you a more desirable hire. Our professional experience track provides CPT and internship opportunities for valuable work experience at the graduate level. Explore your options and continue your education affordably in King Graduate School!