Monroe College’s residence halls are located in the heart of New Rochelle, a thriving suburban neighborhood in Westchester County which is also one of the oldest and most historic communities on the Eastern seaboard. The campus is in close proximity to shops, neighborhood restaurants and the New Roc City entertainment and shopping complex which houses movie theatres, restaurants and an arcade. Campus housing options are within walking distance of parks and beaches that line the scenic Long Island Sound. The campus is also located close to New Rochelle’s Metro-North station, which provides easy access to New York City in just over half an hour.
Monroe College offers several housing options, each with a unique set of amenities. Dormitory charges vary based on the building and number of roommates.
STUDENTS WHO DORM ARE IMMEDIATELY PART OF A BUILT IN COMMUNITY.
Larbi Nori, Resident Advisor
Bachelor's in Business Management, 2021
How to Apply for Housing
New Students from the United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin islands
- Once you have completed your financial aid and are authorized to register for classes, we will email you a link to the online housing application system. In this email, you will receive a MyMonroe username and password to access the application.
- You must complete and submit your online housing application that includes questions that helps us make an appropriate roommate selection for you.
- After submitting your application, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $150 housing application fee. Some students may elect to pay this fee at the Bursar’s Office when completing their financial aid. Housing applications will not be processed until the housing application fee has been received.
- After the application has been submitted and the fee has been paid, Residence Life will assign you to a room. Room assignments will be sent out by the date noted in the chart above.
New International Students
- Once you have paid your $150 Acceptance Confirmation Fee, new International students will be emailed a link to the online housing application system. In this email, you will receive a MyMonroe username and password to access the application.
- You must complete and submit your online housing application that includes questions that will guide us in making your room selection.
- After submitting your application, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $400 housing application fee ($250 of this fee will be applied to your room charges in the first semester). Housing applications will not be processed until the housing application fee has been paid.
- Continuing students must renew their housing application every year.
- Once you have completed financial aid and are authorized to register for the upcoming semester, Residence Life will assign you to a room.
- Pre-Season Move-in
Saturday, July 31 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 2021 Fall Semester Housing Application Deadline
Sunday, August 1
- Housing Intentions Form Deadline
Monday, August 2
- August Bridge Semester Move-in
Friday, August 6 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 2021 Spring Semester Housing Student Move-out Day
Saturday, August 7 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- New Student Fall Move-in Day
Tuesday, September 7 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- New Student Housing Orientation
Tuesday, September 7 • 4:00 PM
- Fall Semester Welcome Week
Tuesday, September 7 – Sunday, September 12
- Returning Student Fall Move-in Day
Wednesday, September 8 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM