The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the billing and collection of tuition and fees. Functions related to this responsibility are processing of refunds, payments and deferred billing. We are also responsible for accurately maintaining and reconciling student accounts. The office also provides financial counseling services to students and parents on the various payment options available.
- Manage transaction processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables, including cashier activities; refund process and supervision.
- Strong knowledge of student refund process.
- Review student accounts, manage delinquent accounts in collaboration with collection agency.
- Assist student in reviewing accounts with registration holds, resolving issues by researching and analyzing accounts to identify discrepancies and validate accuracy of account information.
- Review and verify accuracy of daily reconciliation reports.
- Set up and adjust payment plans.
- Assist in process of agency billing.
- Work closely with the Finance Office to assist with posting differences.
- Advise student on tuition payment options.
- Process withdrawal calculations for all withdrawn students and send letters on account balance.
- Engage in providing customer service and assisting student with inquiries including tuition and fee payments, payment plan and status of accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Accounting knowledge a+.
- Colleague experience preferred.
- Three years’ experience supervising a staff of at least two full-time employee required.
- Technical asset of Bursar’s plus (billing, reconciliation).
- Knowledge of Financial Aid.
- Prior collection experience.
- Excellent customer service skill.
- Microsoft Office.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with students.
Position requires great attention to detail, time management skills and willingness to be a team player.