The College has established a mass-mail policy that limits the sending of large-scale e-mailings to critical information only. Sending a message to a large volume of recipients may slow down the College's e-mail system, cause disk quota problems for users, and negatively impact our network bandwidth. Contact the Help Desk for guidance in determining which messages are eligible for mass e-mail.
The Mass E-Mail policy addresses concerns regarding disk quota, network traffic, and the undesirability of junk e-mail. E-Mail users are bound by the policies stated herein. The criteria for sending mass e-mail messages are:
- The information must be Monroe College business related
- The information must be of a critical nature (something recipients would need to know)
- The message must be short (1-2 paragraphs)
- Only one message per topic will be sent
- Announcements of a general nature may be posted on MyMonroe (the same process of sending mass-emails should be followed when you have announcements to be posted)