As the use of technology continues to grow in the Monroe College community, so must the scope and complexity of support services that the IT department provides to staff, faculty, and students. In order to assure that services are maintained at the highest level possible, the following practices and procedures have been put into place:
- All requests for equipment, problems with computer equipment, Colleague requests, etc., should be directed to the Help Desk via phone at 646-393-8290 or e-mail at HelpDesk@monroecollege.edu. Accordingly, work requests that have been assigned from the Help Desk will be given priority over informal requests.
- Certain requests that require more in-depth services necessitating the scheduling and assignment of technical staff for a significant period of time will be classified as “projects.” In those cases, the user who initiated the request will be kept informed of its status.
- All requests for hardware or personnel must be submitted five (5) business days in advance of the date the equipment or service is needed.
- When there are multiple requests that create a backlog, IT will prioritize them and, in general, requests affecting classrooms will be given priority.
- When portable equipment is needed off of the College's premises, a formal Help Desk request must be submitted and approved before any equipment is loaned. The request must also indicate a return date for the equipment, but please note that no equipment may be loaned for more than one (1) week from the date of equipment pick-up.
- Direct IT departmental support will only be provided for College-owned desktop computers and laptops that are physically located on one of the College's campuses at the time a support request has been submitted.
Thank you for your cooperation.