Build on basic accounting foundation courses and position yourself for greater career success. Besides math, economics, and accounting courses, you’ll learn business and tax law and statistics. Liberal arts courses round out your studies and your skill set. Accounting graduates have recently found jobs with KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, and Ernst & Young.
- ACBSP accredited
- Plenty of networking opportunities
- Flexible schedules: on campus, online, or a combination of both
- Career-focused skills
There’s no doubt about it, accounting can be challenging. You’ll study economics, accounting, and managerial principles, and business law. Rest assured that our professors are here to help you every step of the way. Their goal is the same as yours: to see you succeed.
Students come from all over the world. Monroe feels like a close family.
BBA Accounting, 2019
Accounts Payable, Structure Tech Construction
Principles of Financial Accounting
Learn the language of accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, journalizing, and posting.
With New York City at your doorstep, internship opportunities abound! Recent placements have ranged from accounting firms to city agencies, industry, and municipalities.
Recent internships have included:
- New York Life Insurance Co
- Bronx Chamber of Commerce
- PwC - PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- ADAPT Community Network
- Mosholu Montefiore Community Center
- Aspira of New York, Inc
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- NYPD Community Affairs Bureau
- Crime Victims Support Services of The North Bronx, Inc
Memberships in clubs and organizations connected with your field give you an extra edge and are essential for networking, too. As an accounting student, you’ll have several to choose from:
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society - Recognizing the academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges around the world
- The National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) - For students who want to enhance opportunities for themselves in the accounting and finance industries
- Association for Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA) - Helping students develop leadership skills, access the national ALPFA Scholarship Program, acquire professional mentors, and network
- The Club for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO) - For students of all majors. The club runs annual “Shark Tank” and “Stock Market Competition” events.
Potential Career Paths
With a degree in accounting, you’ll be poised to tackle jobs in a number of businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, such as:
- Staff Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Management Accountant
- Budget Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Financial Analyst
Director, Accounting Programs
|Fall (Sept - Dec)||August 31|
|Winter (January - April)||December 31|
|Spring (April - August)||April 1|
International students are encouraged to apply three months prior to the start of the semester.