Studying Business Management at Monroe means learning from business leaders. You’ll review financial reports, complicated budgets, and other tools you need to make tough business decisions. You might have an internship at an investment bank, a government agency, or a multi-national firm. With New York City just minutes away, the opportunities are plentiful.
- ACBSP accredited
- Career-focused skills & internships
- Networking opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Ability to create a custom interdisciplinary plan
Our professors are the professionals in their fields.
They may be senior business executives, marketing managers, human resource professionals, or project managers. Their focus: ensuring your success through a mix of technology and the sharing of their valuable experiences.
Monroe taught me so much that I earned a promotion much sooner than I expected!
BBA Business Management, 2019
Sales Support Associate, Merrill Lynch
Business Policy and Strategy
This capstone course will help you learn the practical use of strategic management concepts and techniques based on contemporary practices. You will participate in in-depth discussions, practical applications, and case studies to examine today's managerial functions. Students will be required to apply concepts from management, accounting, marketing, economics, and finance using the casework and/or simulation approach.
Take advantage of Monroe’s location – on the fringe of New York City – for internships in many different areas.
Recent internships have included:
- New York Life Insurance Co
- Bronx Chamber of Commerce
- PwC-PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Compassionate Care Hospice - Bronx
- JH Community Services Inc
- NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Con Edison
- Boys & Girls Club of Mount Vernon
In addition to academics, Monroe College offers other opportunities to enhance your professional and networking skills.
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business
- NABA (National Association of Black Accountants)
- ALPFA, the Association of Latino Professionals for America
- Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence
Your Future Career in Business Management
Typical positions for graduates with a degree in business management include:
- Marketing Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Office Administrator
- Market Research Associate
Fall (Sept - Dec)
Winter (January - April)
|Spring (April - August)||April 1|