Study Sports Management Online at Monroe
- New York-based networking opportunities
- Log in anytime, from anywhere
- 24/7 online tutoring available
- Practical management, finance and marketing skills prepare you for managerial positions
Get set for a career in the exciting world of sports management! Following your graduation, you’ll be ready to enter the job market with practical skills in management, finance, accounting, marketing and consumer behavior. You’ll learn about legal and ethical considerations of sports, plus professional communication skills and how to think analytically. Put that knowledge to the test with an internship.
Introduction to Sports Management and Marketing
Get an overall view of the business of sports, including major and minor league sports, sporting goods companies, and independent sports marketing and management sectors. Learn about the many careers associated with the industry, and what you need to enter the field.
An internship might take you to a local club for youth, a school, a production company, or a major sporting venue. Regardless of where you do yours, you’ll gain the hands-on experience you need to hit the ground running once you graduate.
Recent internships have included:
- The Chew Productions
- Mosholu Montefiore Community Center
- First Steps to Urban Outreach
- Boys & Girls Club of Mount Vernon
- New Rochelle Boys & Girls Club
- Monroe College
- Walt Disney World
- JB Cruise & Tours, Inc
- Midwood High School
Your education is not just about academics! Networking and learning from others in your field can be a huge boost to your career. Some organizations that can help get you where you want to go:
- The Sports Management Club, encouraging students to explore the business of sports and develop a robust campus presence with a focus on career opportunities
- The Marketing Club, learn about marketing by participating in events and field trips to major corporations; plan and market discussions with professionals in the field
- Association for Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA), learn about trends in accounting and finance; network with potential employers; develop leadership skills
- The Club for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO), organizes school career awareness affairs and community events; sponsors guest speakers and hosts field trips such as company tours and conferences; hosts the annual “Shark Tank” competition and a Stock Market competition
Your Future Career in Sports Management
There is a world of opportunity waiting for you in the sports field. Possibilities include:
- Facilities manager: Manage the physical building and the services provided.
- Event sales: Market, sell, and coordinate ticket sales; manage data.
- Athletic director: Oversee athletic programs sponsored by a school or an institution, including hiring, purchasing equipment, scheduling meets.
- Sports agent: Handle the business and legal deals for professional athletes.
- Stadium business manager: Be responsible for the day-to-day operations involved in running a sports facility.
- Sports event marketing: Focus on the promotion of sports events, teams, and products.
|Fall (Sept - Dec)||August 31|
|Winter (January - April)||December 31|
International applicants are encouraged to apply three months before the start date.