Study Accounting Online at Monroe
- ACBSP accredited – the seal of approval employers look for
- 24/7 online tutoring available
- Plenty of networking opportunities
- Career focused skills in business, tax law and statistics
There’s no doubt about it, accounting can be challenging. You’ll study economics, accounting and managerial principles, and business law. Rest assured that our professors are available to help you every step of the way. You can chat with them online, or visit on campus during posted office hours. We're proud to note that our accounting graduates have recently found jobs with KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, and Ernst & Young.
STUDENTS COME FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. Monroe FEELS LIKE A CLOSE FAMILY.
Bachelor’s in Accounting, 2019
Accounts Payable, Structure Tech Construction
Principles of Financial Accounting
Learn the language of accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, journalizing and posting.
With New York City at your doorstep, internship opportunities abound! Recent placements have ranged from accounting firms to city agencies, industry, and municipalities.
Recent internships have included:
- New York Life Insurance Co
- Bronx Chamber of Commerce
- PwC - PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- ADAPT Community Network
- Mosholu Montefiore Community Center
- Aspira of New York, Inc
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- NYPD Community Affairs Bureau
- Crime Victims Support Services of The North Bronx, Inc
Memberships in clubs and organizations connected with your field give you an extra edge and are essential for networking, too. As an accounting student, you’ll have several to choose from:
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society, recognizing the academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges around the world
- The National Association of Black Accountants (NABA), for students who want to enhance opportunities for themselves in the accounting and finance industries
- Association for Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA), helping students develop leadership skills, access the national ALPFA Scholarship Program, acquire professional mentors, and network
- The Club for Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO), for students of all majors. The club runs annual “Shark Tank” and “Stock Market Competition” events.
Potential Career Paths
With a degree in accounting, you’ll be poised to tackle jobs in a number of businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, such as:
- Staff accountant: Maintain fiscal reports, general ledgers, and records; prepare and analyze budgets.
- Internal auditor: Assess a company's IT and/or business processes, risks and risk management efforts. Make sure the organization is complying with laws.
- Management accountant: Help managers plan and make decisions by providing financial information.
- Budget analyst: Help organization allocate its financial resources by developing and executing budgets; monitor spending.
- Loan officer: Act as a liaison between the institution and loan applicant to craft a loan suitable to both parties.
- Financial analyst: Guide businesses and individuals making investment decisions.
Director, Accounting Programs
|Fall (Sept - Dec)||August 31|
|Winter (January - April)||December 31|
International applicants are encouraged to apply three months before the start date.